As an Engineer, this role will be accountable for owning all project designs while staying within timelines outlined in the overall project plan. The position will oversee and execute on all designs associated with projects and operations within the sales, integration and events division.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Translates customer requirements into functional system designs
- Provides material and labor estimates for projects
- Develops engineering and architectural (RCP/Floor Plan) drawings, calculations, and acoustical modeling
- Identifies special requirements for the project, including but not limited to: test equipment, specialized tools, rigging support
- Reviews pre-construction design and documentation
- Assists with technical design, pricing and identify any logistical challenges
- Generates functional system descriptions and block diagrams
- Identifies all cabling and miscellaneous material needs
- Designs wall plates and overlays
- Provides engineering support to project installation team when needed
- Serves as a customer liaison for engineering inquiries; ensures customer understands project implications from decisions
- Assists in IT support and programming needs for Productive AV
- Obtains project sign-off as needed
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviews professional publications; establishes personal networks; participates in professional societies
- Provides service agreement support for customers; maintains contractual obligations and services equipment as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written, and interpersonal skills; ability to translate technical concepts into layman terms for customers to effectively and profitably guide a client to solutions that meet their requirements
- Strong emotional intelligence with the ability to have tact, patience, and courtesy when communicating and interacting with others
- A foundational understanding of IT systems; ability to design systems
- Strong knowledge of industry manufactures
- Strong AutoCAD Skills
- Revit skills preferred but not required.
- Strong service skills; passion to work with clients to create a positive customer experience and exceed customer expectations
- Strong self-discipline; self-starter who delivers quality work with a high sense of urgency and accountability
- Detailed oriented & thorough; ability to translate customer’s needs so that client-facing teams can successfully execute on the project
- Works cooperatively with other team members; has an all for one, one for all mentality
- 3-5 years of experience with designing systems required – preferably in Corporate, Government, Higher Education, or Worship spaces
- 1-3 years of sales and/or customer service experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Certified Technology Specialist (CTS), CTS-I, CTS-D certificate(s) preferred
- Preferred manufacturers programming certificates:
- QSC QSYS
- Ability to travel 25% of the time when project size and scope requires
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record are required for team members that may operate company vehicles.
Work is performed in various environments with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand, and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end equipment and electrical components and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members will be asked to work in multiple locations. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PAV.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and do not tolerate the behavior, harassment, discrimination, or prejudice based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.